|Engine Type||V-6 (60 deg. vee)|
|Bore x Stroke||3.63 in. (92 mm) x 3.00 in. (76 mm)|
|Displacement||185 cu. in. (3032 cc)|
|Shaft Length||20 in. (508 mm)|
|Weight||505 lb. (229 kg)|
|Shaft Rotation||Right-Hand Sport Master|
|Propshaft Horsepower||250 hp (187 kW)|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||5000-6000 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||1.62:1, 1.75:1|
|Fuel Induction||2-Stage Direct Fuel Injection|
|Alternator||60-amp (756 watt) w/Voltage Regulator|
|Warranty||2-year limited for recreational boating, 3-year limited corrosion, up to 3 years of Mercury Product Protection (MPP) available|
The One From Which All Others Are Measured
Those discerning buyers looking for the fastest 250 h.p. outboard on the planet look no further than the OptiMax 250 SportXS – holder of the APBA 1800 lb. Pro Stock Bass 250 and 1600 lb. Pro Stock Bass Low-Emissions world kilo bass boat speed records – set back and never matched since 2002.
The 250 Sport XS is the power of choice for high performance bass boats, vee-bottom and catamaran sport boats capable of speeds in excess of 85 mph. Low-water pickups and a crescent leading edge design enable the race-proven Sport Master gearcase to operate at elevated transom heights of 27" to 30" (685 mm to 762 mm) for maximum efficiency and speed. Solid engine mounts, combined with solid engine mounts provides unsurpassed handling.
The 250 Sport XS comes with a two-year warranty and available two-year product protection plan
- Record Setting Performance: The 250 SportXS is the power behind two APBA Low-Emissions world kilo bass boat speed records.
- Power to Weight: The 3.0 Liter V-6 powerhead delivers unmatched power, performance, durability and reliability.
- Low Emissions: Precise fuel combustion results in smoke-free emissions and clean environment for future generations to enjoy.
- Efficient: Two stage direction fuel injection technology burns fuel more completely for an average of 15% improved fuel economy compared to competitive engines.
- Handling: Solid upper and lower mounts for enhanced handling at higher speeds – think of it as a sports car suspension in the automotive world.
- Propshaft Rated HP: 250 (187 kW)
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000-6000
- Cylinders: V-6 (60° vee)
- Displacement ( cu.in/cc): 185/ 3032
- Bore in/mm: 3.63/92
- Stroke in/mm: 3.00/76
- Induction System: 2-Stage Direct Fuel Injection
- Ignition: PCM Digital Inductive
- Alternator System: 60-amp (756 watt) w/Voltage Regulator
- Gear Ratio: 1.62:1, 1.75:1
- Fuel/Oil Ratio: Electronic Multipoint
- Recommended Oil: Mercury Racing 2-Stroke Oil
- Required Fuel: 87 Octane Minimum (R+M)/2 (92 RON)
- Rotation: Right-Hand Sport Master
- Shaft Length in/mm: 20/508
- Weight lbs/kg: 505/229
- Warranty: 2-year limited for recreational boating, 3-year limited corrosion, up to 3 years of Mercury Product Protection (MPP) available