|Engine Type||1 cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||2.32 x 1.77 in. (59 x 45 mm)|
|Displacement||7.5 cid (123 cc)|
|Shaft Length||25 in. (635 mm)|
|Weight||57 lb. (26 kg)|
|Propshaft Horsepower||5 hp (3.7 kW)|
|Full Throttle Operating Range||4500-5500 rpm|
|Gear Ratio / Shift||2.15:1 / F-N-R|
|Fuel Induction||2-valve pushrod (overhead valve)|
|Alternator||4 lighting / 2 charging amp / 50 lighting / 25 charging watt (Optional)|
|Cooling||Water-cooled with thermostat|
|Warranty||3 Year Corrosion, 3 Year Limited|
Power Tender and Skiffs. Effortlessly.
57 pounds of agile performance.
- Lightweight: Weighing just 38 and 57 pounds, respectively, our 2.5 - 3.5hp and 4 - 6hp FourStroke outboards are easy to lift and carry.
- Generate Power: Convenience and performance you can count on. 4 amp alternator to charge a battery: exhaust relief holes and 6" prop for improved handling when reversing heavy boats; even an added rectifier to power small external lights. A 5hp FourStroke that powers your boat.
- Shallow Water: Multiple trim positions enhance performance and enable shallow-water operation.
- Easy to Start: Automatic decompression bleeds off cylinder pressure to reduce the pulling force required to start the engine.
- Quiet: Through-prop exhaust on all Mercury® 4 - 6hp FourStrokes exits underwater for quiet operation.
- Fueling Options: Mercury® 4, 5 and 6hp FourStrokes feature integral fuel tanks with an external fuel-shutoff valve, as well as a fuel-tank cap on top of the cowl. For extended range, these engines also can be connected to a remote fuel tank placed in the boat.
- HP / kW: 5 / 3.7
- Engine type: 1 cylinder
- Displacement (CID/CC): 7.5 / 123
- Full throttle RPM: 4500-5500
- Fuel induction system: 2-valve pushrod (overhead valve)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 4 lighting / 2 charging amp / 50 lighting / 25 charging watt (Optional)
- Recommended fuel: 87% octane / up to 10% ethanol
- Recommended oil: Mercury FourStroke Oil 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: Low oil pressure, Over-rev
- Starting: Manual
- Steering: Tiller
- Shaft length: 25 in. / 635 mm
- Gearcase ratio: 2.15:1
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 57 lb. / 26 kg
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 2.32 x 1.77 in. / 59 x 45 mm
- Ignition: CDI w/electronic spark advance
- Fuel system: Carbureted
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Gearcase options: Standard
- Trim positions: 6
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Shallow water drive: Yes
- Shallow water trim range (degrees): 16
- Integrated fuel tank (gal / L): 0.3 / 1.1
- Optional fuel tank (gal / L): 3.2 / 12
- Color: Phantom Black